Ameritas Dental is fulfilling lives with dependable, affordable dental insurance backed by an industry leader. Our carrier partner has a long-standing customer focus.
The group division of Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. has served customers since 1959, and today it provides dental, vision and hearing care products and services for nearly 113,000 employer groups, insuring or administering benefits for more than 6 million people nationwide.
With Ameritas Dental, employees can:
- See any dentist — You have no limitations on the dental provider(s) you choose. You may, however, lower your out-of-pocket costs by selecting a provider from Ameritas’ expansive dental network. Ameritas’ nationwide network includes over 360,000 access points.
- Have a fixed benefit dental plan — With Ameritas coverage, insurance surprises are limited because you’ll know what the plan will pay for a covered procedure ahead of time. You pay the difference between what the plan pays and the network provider’s reduced fee. If you choose to go out of network, you pay the difference between what the plan pays and the provider’s actual charge. You almost always save on out-of-pocket costs when visiting a network provider.
- Get Dental Rewards® — Ameritas is the industry pioneer behind Dental Rewards. This option allows those who use little of their annual maximum benefit to carry over a portion of it to help offset more expensive dental procedures that may arise in the future. So when you stay under the plan’s threshold amount of $500 for annual paid claims, you get a $250 Dental Reward. If visiting one of Ameritas’ network providers, you get an extra $100 bonus. Accumulate up to $1,000 to add to your $1,000 annual maximum.
- $50 individual deductible; waived for Type 1 services.
- Choose an annual max benefit of $1,000 or $1,250 per enrolled member.
- Freedom to choose any dentist in addition to the Ameritas Dental “Classic” Network.
- Increase your annual max benefit with Dental Rewards carryover, up to $1,000
Twelve-month wait for Type 3 services. Waived with proof of 12 months of prior continuous coverage, with no lapse at initial enrollment.
- Minimum of one employee enrolled at all times
- These plans are voluntary. There are no minimum contribution requirements.
- Group can choose one of two plans:
- Low Option — Dental Plan 1000
- High Option — Dental Plan 1250
- These Ameritas Dental plans are only available to groups headquartered in one of the following states:
- AZ, CA, NV and UT.
- Employees can live in any state except Florida. See provider search below.
- Administration fee applies to all groups:
- $15 monthly administration fee
Low option — Dental Plan 1000
$50 deductible, $1,000 annual benefit maximum, see Member Benefit Summary for fee schedule
High option — Dental Plan 1250
$50 deductible, $1,250 annual benefit maximum, see Member Benefit Summary for fee schedule
Enter ZIP code and select Classic (PPO) as the network:
Voluntary Ameritas Dental benefits and rates
Member Benefit Summaries (MBS)
Evidence of Coverage (EOC)
Additional plan offerings:
Can’t locate your plan? Contact us for access to archived or sunset plan documents.